Powered By Blogger

Saturday 24 August 2013

Super flipping cricket Saturday



Woohoo it is a super cricket Saturday but due to flipping pouring rain over night  I, Lady Lainey and Pauly Paul have decided not to make the journey to the Riverside.It is brightening up here at Tykes Towers but still raining so I guess that I will be going to town and getting shopping and also getting on with packing my case for upcoming jollies to France.

So what happened yesterday I hear you all screaming. Well blow me down! His Royal Ryanness only flipping went and took a wicket with the 5 th ball of the morning yesterday and took his 596th 1st class victim, equally the record of Daddy Sidebottom ( Arnie to his mates).  But by later in the afternoon Ryan had overtaken his daddy. Finishing the day on 597 wickets.What a great day for father and son.

And actually what a great day for Yorkshire, it looked as if they might take Notts out with an innings in hand, however Notts fought back and put Yorkshire back into bat needing 10 runs to win. Well you guessed it, 5 balls, 10 runs from Adam Lyth  and  all the Tykes in the bus on the way home! Fantastic.

The Yorkshire bus now trundles off to Scarbados, where I Lady Lainey will be next week. I am super flipping excited!.


Also brilliant news from Derby where Derbyshire defeated Middlesex by 56 runs, I bet there was much whooping and cheering and to be honest, I was a little bit glad that they had won.I want them to stay in division one!

Well over at The Riverside, after Chris Tremlet had taken nearly every Durham wicket, Surrey went into bat and were reduced to 97-6 before bad light halted play. Now this morning I have been reliably informed that the light was not that bad and it got brighter but they never came back out to play ( thank you Pauly Paul).


Over at the Test, it can only be described as 'watching paint dry' with little Joe Root scoring 68 and still looking as if he should be captaining the school first XI. He was interviewed by Mark Nicholas last night and is about 3ft taller than the former Hampshire man but really looks about 10 years old!!!


 So today I am now off to Lady laineyville shops, I may have a little jaunt up to Chester-le-Street after lunch, but then again I may just have a nap!!!!!!


No comments :