Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 September 2013

Lady Lainey bids a tearful farewell to home

   


Well I am up with the larks this morning and going to get down to the 'all you can eat' continental breakfast. Going to see if I can beat my all time best of 20 pain au chocolat, 10 croissants, 5 rolls with cheese and ham and anything else they have laid around .........................OK only joking, however I do love a good continental gut bash.


We waved a teary farewell to Chateau Didi until next year which seems a jolly long time away, but in reality is only round the corner. 16 weeks until Pere noel makes his annual visit, zut alors I will have to start dusting off the decs when I get home. Other highlights to come the super birthday of I, Lady lainey which this year is to be  celebrated in home city of Durham. But this is all in the future and I have not yet mentioned what happened on out last full day in La belle France.


Dame Didi did so well in Super U at 'United nations give us a clue' that I am tempted to send her back today to see the whole thing again. Then we tipped up at The Lion D'Or which is  super swanky hotel on the outskirts of the town ( probably best with us two in residence). We stripped of ( calm down!!!! only to our swimwear) and then spent four hours laying on the terrace and swimming in the super pool.

Oh yes and the Dame nearly broke her nose when she turned over on her lounger and the head rest smacked her in the face, sorry to say that I was no help to her as I was laughing so hard. This injury will go with the growing list that has occurred this week including

1.accidental mole removal and severe blood loss ( me, luckily a 'Barbie' plaster helped)
2. Serious back injury ( me trying to find a pair of shoes in the bottom of the wardrobe)
3. broken toe ( me as some 'eedgit' left a flipping suitcase in my way!)
4. Black eye ( Dame Didi, see above incident. only joking!!! and she didn't have a black eye it was makeup)
5. Broken nose ( Dame Didi, sunlounger incident)
6. Split sides ( me laughing so much at above incident.)

After a wonderful dinner in town it was back to the hotel where I got to watch the future Lord Lainey on TV ( yes I found Kieffer on telly in France how flipping brill was that). And that kind of made up for it being our last night.

Now heading off to stuff my face before the diet starts tomorrow :-(

and then back to blighty.......................... booooohoooooo

No comments :