Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Lady Lainey's 'leven





Well all of Twitter was alive yesterday with the selection of the Ashes team. so I thought that I would add my choice of 11 men who I think fair well
1. Michael Carberry
2.Joe Root
3. Phil Jaques
4. Robin Smith ( well I didn't say they were of this moment!)
5. Tom Smith
6. Oliver Newby
7. A J Harris
8. Glenn McGrath ( I didn't say they had to be English cos 1-2 the England team aren't!!)
9. His Royal Ryanness
10. Martin Jean-Jacques( still top number 10 knock at Derbys )
11. Gillespie the Gallant

I don't appear to have a wicket keeper but  hey who cares,this line up will look pretty impressive from my seat on the boundary!!!!
OK, OK I know!!!!!! .................................... Too many Tykes!!!!

The actual squad was

Cook, Root, Trott, KP (???), Bell, Ballance, Carberry, Bairstow,Stokes, Prior,Broad, Swann,Andersar, Panesar (????!!!), Finn, Rankin, Tremlett (!!!??!!!)

So lets see what happened yesterday apart from teams being announced.

Well I tipped up at Super swanky Lady Lainey office where as you well know I drink copious amounts of coffee, shout at boys and look pretty for 7 hours. No chuffing chance yesterday!!!! My desk was awash with drawings, mess and post it notes!!!!!
So after having a tiara throwing screaming fit!!!! ( and it was my second besty tiara too!), I actually had to do some work!!!!! well by lunch time my little head was nearly nodding onto the desk and I was getting very cross with said boys who were talking about FOOTBALL and BOY THINGS!!! Leave them alone for a couple of weeks and they forget all my training, WE ONLY TALK ABOUT HANDBAGS , SHOES, PRETTIES AND HOW ORANGE MY HAIR IS!!!!!!

Mark my words there WILL be an improvement in that office today, however, there is a new one starting in two weeks. OMG another boy to train up to Lady lainey standard!!! Is my work never done!


My Tykes had a little drive down to Surrey where they start playing today. Wipe the flipping floor with them boys and make me proud.

Champion team of the world Durham were on there way to Eastbourne, where they would be spending the next few days, It doesn't matter if they  win, as its the taking part that counts. but hell if you are taking part you might as well win!

And then we come to Dame Didi who had a little tiara throwing tantrum of her own yesterday at Asda, at Skelton. Hope that man has managed to extricate his mobile phone! I bet he heard the 'snap' of latex gloves!!!!


Oh well, off I go again, another day another penny in the piggy bank!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Gonna get myself a BIG FAT PIGGY BANK - will need one for all jaunts we are hoping to go on next year.

Maybe I could just use an empty champagne bottle - know anyone who has one of those?

DD