Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 September 2013

more news

No I haven't bought a new (old) car, sadly'as this is the motor that I dream of  zooming around the champagne region in when I move here. No Mercs'BMW's or Audi's for me, although I am partial to a Maserati, but a 2 CV will do nicely.

Well Dame Didi and I went off shopping yesterday and bought a super blinking four wheel drive suitcase, my god this is the Maserati of suitcases, tres splendid!!!. We also got enough stickers in our 'booklet' at the supermarche to enable us both to purchase a cast iron roasting tray for the knock down price of 24 euro' flipping heck another jolly bargain, but too blinking heavy to bring home, even in super light suitcases.  

Over in Blighty things are taking a bad turn for my Tykes as the weather once again is not   being kind to them, however gale ( not GALES!!) made a stand to  keep the run rate up and I have every faith in the boys.

over with former besty home county of Durham they were playing like mad things , I want a pint of whatever they had been having! They bowled the opposition out by lunch with super polite young man Jamie Harrison taking 3 wickets as did Chris Rushworth ( I bet Pasha was barking in delight!) and then went in tohave a little bat themselves.

mr Funky the chauffeur  text me last night to inform me that Durham were well on course for the title ( which I had already work out myself!) and although I really wanted my Tykes to get it, to have 2 Norhtern teams doing so flipping well is brilliant. Well played Durham and good luck today.

back here in la Belle France it only chuffing well chucked it down all night, the chances of me being in my bikini on the beach today are low which is a relief for the people of st gilles criox de Vie, who are still trying to erase that memory from Monday. The cries of ' Sacre bleu there is a flipping whale on le plage' are still ringing in my ears, well thats no way for them to talk about my sister Dame Didi !!!! :-)

And so as another day dawns on mon vacances, as the two cricket teams closest to my heart fight it home in blighty, I wish you ' bon journee' and as I quickly glance at my watch i realise that it won't be long until it is wine o'clock, hey the sun is over the yardarm smewhere in the world!!!!

No comments :