Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 September 2013

The Australians hit back.






Well it was a bit of a cricket day yesterday with Australia hitting back at England and wining the ODI. Michael Clarke scored a century supported in part by George bailey (82), and Australia made 315-7.
England went into bat with Joe Root being back in the pavilion before you could say 'Dizzy is the Yorkshire coach' as was Carberry and Trott. A very poor show there!

KP made 60 before being caught by Faulkener ( great catch) and bowled by a delighted Watson! Morgan and Buttler also made over 50 but it was to no avail and with a 227 they left Manchester a little dejected.


Next stop Edgbaston on Wednesday and then  Cardiff on Saturday before coming to an end at Southampton the following Monday.

Its all to play for !


Over at Stormont yesterday Ireland once again beat Scotland, and are on their way to World cup 2015, however Scotland have another chance to qualify early next year. The World Cup will take place in Australia and New Zealand and I love the whole thing. Reminds me of World Cup 1999 when Her Serene Highness was looking after me after being mown down by a rogue car in London. ( yes really!). Her Serene highness did all the jobs and prepared all the food so that at 11.00am we could lie on the bed ( only place I could get comfortable) and watch cricket for the rest of the day. Bliss!!! oh dear I digress.

However over in the Italian Grand Prix no digressing form Vettel as he won again ( getting very boring now) with LH coming in at 9 and Baron Button coming in 10th, Now let me just say, Baron Button has been 'my' driver since he was a tiny scrap of a boy and I have supported him through rough and rough. But Jenson what the Donald Duck is going on with your car???? McLaren give Jenson a super fast grand prix winning car please!!

So that's about it for today  ( very short one!)as I get ready to head off to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, I am not even sure that this week I will shout at boys as I get ready for the big off' at the end of the week............now I am starting to get excited, so excited that I had to get out of bed at 2.30am this morning to check where my passport was!

oh well I will love you and leave you and be back here tomorrow.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Got to agree with you about F1, McLaren have been my team for more years than I care to remember and have seen them go from being the team to beat to being way down the bottom of the grid. Really need them to pull their socks up!!!!