Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 October 2013

Another week begins!



Another week begins and another handbag sort out happened. No wonder I have a bad back!!!! lugging all that around day in day out!! At least it is (slightly) lighter now.

So what has been happening else where, well Ian Botham has taken a bit of time off from fishing and wine glugging to add fuel to the Ashes, saying that England can win the series 5-0. Well as you know I Lady Lainey never like to predict a score ( as it is usually wrong) and I hate to put too much pressure on anyone, however I do think that Sir Loin of Beef is possibly being a little too hopeful. He states that England are 'Red hot' favourites to win and that with Australia struggling for bowlers England are favourites.
Now I do not believe that you should judge anything until the first couple of matches are out of the way. So we will see if Beefy's prediction is true. and I wonder how much he has put on England?????

Andrew Stauss meanwhile is predicting 3-1 to England. Lets see what Michael Vaughan, Nick Knight, Nasser Hussein and Uncle Tom Cobley come up with!!!!!

Some good news from New Zealand, Jesse Ryder who was left in a medically induced coma  a few months ago after being assaulted on a night out, will return to first class cricket. Ryder also had  been banned form cricket for 6 months after the assault as he was shown to have tested positive for two banned stimulants.
Ryder is now putting 'the worst year of his life' behind him and hoping to prove himself back in the game.

Englands woman have not been having a great time and are now on a 11 defeat run after losing to the West Indies in the  T20 tri series.They lost 7 wickets for 14 runs. They are back in action tomorrow against New Zealand.


Well my hopes for a draw yesterday  in the 'BIG' match in footy was not to be.
The Mighty Whites completely destroyed Birmingham City 4-0. Luckily  cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo was not 'carded' ( that's not to say he wasn't involved in any 'frays'). And as Birmingham are just above the relegation zone, my message to Robbo is ' Get them boys spoken to severely! and win next time'. Team talk over!!!


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Yes its that time of the year again where I give my daily weather report from the North of Blighty. Well as it is flipping pitch black outside and I cannot here wind or rain, I am guessing that it is going to be a fair day, however best to have umbrellas with you at all times judging by the past couple of days.


So now as I head off to super swanky Lady Lainey office, I wonder what the week holds for me, well after my 'crash course' in an on line training system on Friday afternoon, not a good week I suspect. Oh well hope my coffee is on my desk!!!!




No comments :