Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 October 2013

Rain, Rain and more rain




Well it rained yesterday, and then it rained some more, and whilst some of us like nothing better than splashing around in muddy puddles I, Lady Lainey do not like the rain for various reason

1. I have to wear shoes and not pretty sandals
2. I have to wear big anoraks to keep dry
3. I end up with an orange afro
4. I only like sunshine!!!!!

And there is not a lot of it to be seen of late, just grey skies and rain!!!!

Sunshine is something that is not missing over in Jaipur where India hit 362-1 in the ODI against Australia, this was the second highest run chase in one day internationals , as they beat the Australians by 9 wickets to level the series. The Australians are not having a great time of it and Pauly Paul, The Duke of Adelaide and I were discussing this in depth on Twitter ( well the boys were I was in bed reading my book!).

All change at the ECB and sadly no Lady Lainey appointed. I tell you there would be major changes if I was 'The King of cricket'. However good luck to Paul Downton ( not of the Abbey fame !!) who has been named as MD. Andrew Strauss and Nasser Huussain were both linked to the job but the role went else where and I think that Downton has his work cut out and I don't envy him at all!!!!

There is a bit of  a fight going on with clubs trying to sign the bouncers best friend Monty Panesar. Essex are in the running but say that there are a couple of other clubs interested ( I heard that Shildon BR and Newton Aycliffe are interested, he would have a field day over here on a Friday night!!!).
Its to be hoped that Monty puts his troubles behind him and makes the new season and which ever club he goes to, a new start.


Trouble afoot at Chateau Saltburn where Dame Didi is hoping not to have the prodigal son return. Yes Lord Christophe is not happy in 'Ull and wants to come home. No one to pick up his dirty undies and cook his dinner!! Well its to be hoped that he stays put as he is in line to design LT Towers III in la Belle France and I don't want it done by 'half a job Bob'.


Hopefully I will have the kitchen light fixed tonight, cooking by candle light might seem romantic but I have the knife cuts to prove otherwise. it is looking promising as he phoned last night to make the final arrangements. Fingers ( covered in 'Barbie' plasters) crossed!!!





No comments :