Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 October 2013

The voice is finally back!









Oh what a great start to the working week, the voice is back and I am in full bellow ready for the day ahead. Oh yes the boys got off very lightly last week, with I Lady Lainey being so very poorly, however after way too many Rum toddies on Friday evening, it seems to have done the trick, having lubricated my vocal cords ( and giving me  stinking hangover to boot), I AM BACK!!!!

Yesterday I also worked steadily away and replaced the wardrobe handles with the super swish ones that I purchased in La Belle France, as well as tidying up the only finished area of the extensive grounds of LT Towers II. And then I had a nap! Well it wouldn't be the weekend without a nap would it???

I had an unexpected visit from  Black Knight of the Ferrari ( although that car is now at his new home in UAE). He is on a brief visit for a week and looking very well.However he is back off to hot and sunny climes before Friday so no champagne swilling for us. However it was great to catch up and to find out how new life, business etc is going on. All good apparently.

Good to read yesterday that Tim Bresnan is hoping to be fit for the Ashes tour, although not picked for the side due to a stress fracture that happened when he was at Chester Le Street, he will travel out with the team and see how he gets on fitness wise. #COYT


Young Surrey cricketer Dom Sibley who scored a brilliant 242 against my Tykes, has had to go back to school and put the heady days of  a couple of weeks ago behind him. He  became County crickets newest record breaker, and then at the end of last week he was named in the under 19 touring party to  the United Arab Emirates in December ( hey he might see Black Knight of the Ferrari). It looks to have been a great season for Dom and a busy one next year too. He has A'levels to sit.


I feel a busy week at super swanky Lady Lainey office coming on this week. The boys are having a little jolly to HQ in London and leaving me on my lonesome. However towards the end of the week 'new boy' starts, so best get him settled in before I indoctrinate him into all things 'Lainey'. First to go is his penchant for eating nuts and seeds and grapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLIPPING HECK, I thought only budgies ate things like that. Mc Donalds and bacon and egg butties are the order of the office, none of this healthy sh**e So poor old Nev is in for a rude awakening!.

So without further ado I am off to change into my Wonder woman outfit and head off to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office.

As I keep saying to Dame Didi another day another penny in the piggy bank!!!!




1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL
Glad to hear that the rum toddies did the trick. I just had the rum and reckon it will stop me getting the lurgy - really feel full of beans today (not literally).
Keep feeding that piggy bank I am working super hard on feeding mine too.
DD