Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Wellies today



So I selected some boots to wear today and ten looked out of the window!!! yes a lovely 'puddle' at the bottom of my drive so 'the hunters' are the order of the day!! Flipping weather it is to wet and too cold!!

Well as the England Ashes teams set off today to Australia they will not be thinking about rain, but sunshine!!!, now if only I had been able to smuggle myself into someone luggage!!!
They are playing warm up matches in Perth, Hobbart and Sydney before the first test start in Brisbane on 21st November.

There will be a news conference today at 5.45pm at Heathrow.


The ECB yesterday named 11 players who had been given central contracts of which Root and Bresnan were two. These contracts form part of a six year deal with the Players Union, which could give England players more time to take part in the IPL ( woohooo KP will be ecstatic!) MOST England players have struggled to get a contract in the IPL ( KP never seems to have!) due to it clashes with the domestic international season. However this is going to be looked at year on year.


Well this is something that I never thought that I would be writing about.............but the Vatican has launched is own cricket club, which is an initiative launched to help form ties with teams of other faiths. St Peters Cricket Club was launched with tea and cucumber sandwiches ( what no Lady Lainey baps???), although the Pope has declared that he prefers football!!!!!!


The team for the Vatican is of course made up of Priest and Seminarians who played cricket in their home countries. And it is also rumoured to be setting up a Ladies XI.

I wonder if top Italian coach @JoeScuderi1 has been involved in this in any way????

It is very quiet at the moment in both super swanky Lady Lainey office and here at LT Towers I, mainly due to the fact that it is so flipping dark when I get home that I just go to bed.

It's been a funny old year with my friends. After a friend of over 30 years doing the most unspeakably unkind thing to me at Easter, I now have another friend who is 'taking charge' of my life for my own good!!!! Time to hot foot it to France me thinks, and not leave a forwarding address

However I will have a lot of packing to do before I can go ( most especially shoes and handbags and tiaras).

So guess for today I  will drive off down the A1 to Lady laineyworkville and chill out at my desk with copious amounts of coffee whilst 'winding' the boys up

bon Journee






No comments :