Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 November 2013

Australia's day?




well after all the excitement from England's complete collapse yesterday, I was in bed super early so that I could get up to listen to them demolishing Australia. Hmmmm well when I woke up at 2.30am  it was not looking ( or sounding like that). Australia were racking up the runs and England even had little Joey Root having a go at bowling.

Australia declared at 407-7 with  Warner and Clarke both hitting century s ( 124 & 113).Even Haddin who was down the batting order hit more than an England player. .

England have gone back into bat and lost Carbs already. in the words of the great Glenn McGrath

"It's the worst start possible for England. Carberry thought he had it covered, he was in behind it. But, it's gone between his legs and on to the stumps."


I wish  now that I did have Sky as Gillespie the Gallant is commentating with 3 Englishmen!!! I bet that is some commentary, However as we all know 'Big Jase' is in fact a Tyke and a top Tyke at that!


There is not really much to be said about Englands performance except that all the over confidence ( as often seen) has not done them well. And its true to say that the Australians have obviously been putting a lot of work in to training since the summer. However it is only the first test.


They can all go back to their hotel now and watch re runs of 'Skippy'!!!

In the ICC T20 qualifiers over in the UAE, Scotland beat the Netherlands and Ireland beat Uganda. My friend in Dubai emailed to say that they are over run with cricket and it is not fun!!!!! WTF!!!! Does she not know a good thing when it is on her doorstep. To me that would be heaven!!!!.



So my prediction for the first test is that England should fight and lose and then pull their flipping socks up in time for the next test.

Oh yes and the good news is that most counties are releasing next seasons fixtures next week. For me it will be not so great as I will see the matches that i will miss when I am La Belle France for Le pacque. However I think that I know someone who will keep me well informed with what is going on.

Hope you are recovering form 'man flu' too!!!

Well it is a short one today as I have guests arriving and need to get ready ( wash the flipping birds nest for starters) and as Englands antics were so woeful I sort of think that it is best to end it there.




No comments :