Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Lady Lainey starts planning





Yes indeedy doody the countdown is now on until the start of the 2014 cricket season. I did not however have time to work it out last night as I was jolly busy doing very important Lady Lainey things, like having a massive gut bash round at my friend Jolanta's house and then coming home and going to bed!! So I will no doubt do it today when I head into Super Swanky Lady Lainey office.

The one date that is firmly etched into my mind is Sunday May 4th when my Tykes come to the wilds of the north to right the wrongs of Scarbados last season!! Flipping heck I think I will be hiding from Daddy Rushworth that day in case I get pelted with stale Yorkshire puddings!!!


Reports out from Durham CCC state that coach Geoff Cook is 100% and ready for the coming season. Well after suffering a massive heart attack last season, I personally would have taken it slowly. Cook has stated that cricket is his life, however we all know that life is short, and sometimes health and well being should take precedence over work

Luckily my trip home to La belle France is not interfering too much with the games at the start of the season, so I can go away with Dame Didi to Chateau Didi II, and swill loads of Gros Plant safe in the knowledge that I am not missing heaps of cricket. I do however expect to be kept up to date on all this that are happening whist I am away!!! ( hint hint Mr R)

So back to cricket now! Down under the players from both sides will be  urged to calm down before the start of the Adelaide test. In what was described as 'a bad tempered' opening test, where Michael Clarke was fined for  an obscenity, both sides are being urged to play the game in the true sense. As gentlemen, hmmm I will keep my thoughts well and truly to myself on that topic!!!

Yesterday was a busy day doing things that help to push the Christmas Spirit home. As you know I have been talking about the 'Taking Steps Project' which is a charity based in Hampshire and set up to help, men, woman, children and pets affected by Domestic Violence. Yesterday the lovely staff at  'Cotton Graphics' in Dummer, Hampshire very kindly donated some Xmas stockings to the children's Christmas party.  Many thanks to all the staff for their kind donation.
 This follows on from the very kind donation by Crown Coffee, of Newbury. They sent coffee, tea and biscuits to the charity for the open day.
I am constantly amazed that even in these hard economic times, businesses will help in some way.
Thank you again to everyone concerned.


And talking about Christmas spirit ( no not the alcohol kind, but there is some 'Mountgay' rum in my kitchen that keeps calling out to me!!). I am finally hoping this weekend to put up the Xmas decorations. Now who will be turning on the lights this year??????.........................yep probably me again!






1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,
Let that "Moutgay" keep calling you, do not be tempted to have a swig until I get over and can have one too.

DD