Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 December 2013

48 Hours of what?????????










Well I think that regular readers will know that it takes me well over 48 hours to choose shoes, handbags and more importantly tiaras for any given ‘event’, and don't even think about the hours it takes to sort out my orange curls!!!. So I am finding it jolly hard to believe that  two young men from Lincolnshire are going to try to not only beat the world record for the longest net session but take it much much further.

The current record is 26 hours and they are attempting to not only beat the record but go for 48 hours. Call David Newman and Richards Wells stupid but they are doing it for a great cause ( Brain tumour research) If they survive the 48hrs, they will then push for 50. 

The event starts at 12 noon on the 30th of January at Northgate Sports Hall in Sleaford, Lincolnshire and will carry on until hopefully midday on Saturday 1st Feb. Not only have they been looking for donations to the cause, but anything cricket related as donations would be amazing, as they can auction/raffle off to raise more funds. To date they have had either a signed bat, shirt or match day tickets from EVERY 1st class county team within the UK
If you can help them further then please read the full story by following the link http://www.justgiving.com/worldrecordcricketnet

Or you can follow on facebook and twitter pages below

Twitter - @WRcricketnet48contributing in whatever way you can.

If you wish to attend, please just turn up treat it as a free bowling net! Or in the case of I, Lady Lainey, I will bring a real touch of glamour to the occasion!
Everyone is welcome.

I would also like to say that GJJ Sports @GJJSports and Simply Cricket Ltd @Simply_Cricket have also offered to help if they can with donating goods. And the top man at Simply Cricket is trying to organise this from Australia!!!!

I really have had my faith in (cricket) mankind restored in the last few weeks. People are amazing and try to help however they can in what ever way they can and that is truly wonderful.


So is truly wonderful how we can describe the on going Test match? You will notice that I am a tad late in posting this morning, well I couldn't drag myself away from the cricket. England bowled out Australia for 385 after taking their last four wickets for 59 runs.

However after losing wickets early yesterday Australia made a good comeback.

Cook and Carberry opened for England, Carberry was lucky on a couple of occasions but then went for 43 runs. I was super excited when little Joey Root came in to bat, but  his seat had hardly cooled down in the dressing room before he was heading back!

Cook has made his half century, being partnered by KP, who does not look comfortable. 


England currently 8.15am UK time  113-2


I have a million things that I should be doing ....................but .......................just another half hour of cricket!!!!!

Have a great Saturday  








No comments :