Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 December 2013

Hmmmmm what can I write about today!!!




Oh the 'good old days' when people still had outside toilets ( obviously not quite as outside as the one in the picture), a fish and chip supper did not need you to re mortgage your house, exotic summer holidays were to somewhere that involved a 1+ hours bus/car ride. England had a really good cricket team!

Yes, yes, yes, I know that England can still win this test match if their bowling is better than their batting!, but to be honest I do not think that there is anyone out there who can seriously say that England played well over night!.

Lady Lainey and Dame Didi's favourite , Michael Carberry made watching paint dry far more interesting than his batting after being stuck for 36 balls on 1 run!.
 Joey Root gambled on a single and was out. Bell swaggered in to bat and was out for a 'Golden duck' and  back in his chair in the pavilion before even getting a sweat on !
KP was still in batting slowly  with Stokes who was looking good until he took on Lyon and gave Steve Smith a great catch.
After that Bairstow came in and looked as if he was going to up the score single handedly  but he fell foul of Johnson, now the nemesis of most of the England team!

After that the collapse was inevitable and England folded on 179.

The Australians came back to bat and put on 30 before close of play needing 201 to win.

England need their bowlers to step up to the mark if we are going to salvage anything out of this tour. I am backing Bresnan to make some head way. Well I would wouldn't I!!!!

Well strange things going on in Scotland as they announce that Paul Collingwood is to jointly lead the coaching  team into the World Cup next year in New Zealand. Collingwood has been in the assistant coach role over the last few months.


So yesterday went off to 'chubby club' and was relieved to find that I had 'only' put on 3lb. Well I think that is super flipping fantastic considering that on Christmas Eve alone I ate two flipping massive meals and drank more wine and champers than you can shake a stick at! Christmas Day wasn't much better with my 10 course breakfast ( any more black pudding?). So I now go into New Years week looking for a fantastic weight loss.

Well after I have been 'partying' tonight. I woke up this morning to a message on my phone asking me if I would like to attend a party ce soir. Flipping heck, I, Lady Lainey and parties are 'besty friends'. So I am sorting out my besty frock, shoes and tiara and come 7pm I will be shaking everything that I have got, and believe me at the moment that is a lot of shaking!!!

Hopefully I will be felling fresh as a daisy in the morning to be able to recount the events.

And we all know that this is not going to happen and I will be horribly hungover!




No comments :