Powered By Blogger

Monday 16 December 2013

It's a new dawn, a new day and I'm feeling......



totally flipping exhausted.....................to put in it 'Lady like' terms. All this getting up at 2am listening to cricket and then writing my blog and then doing all normal daily things and then trying to get powers naps only for the phone to keep ringing, not making things easy. I think that the 'boys' in the office has better be on their besty behaviour today as I a may be a tad tetchy!!!

Well last night was the 'Sports Personality of the Year'. Some of the Durham boys were there and were spotted in the audience. However I hear that they hardly got a mention and neither did my Tykes. Did anyone watch the County cricket last season, it was the best Division one run up ever!!!!! ( even though my wonderful Yorkshire boys only came second). Well Andy Murray won it so the name was quickly changed to 'Sportsman with no personality of the year' #mythoughtsonly!

Well I tuned into the cricket as per usual. Australia were still batting  Watson made his century before being run out by top tyke Timmy Brenan,  they decided to declare on  369-6.

England came into bat and 'Captain' Cook was out first ball. It was the first time that he had ever been out first ball in a test match AND he is  now the first man to be out first ball in his 100th test. Probably not the kind achievement that he wanted.

Carberry and Root then set up a slow running partnership, until just after 6 am when Carberry went for 31. The score is currently (6.39am UK time)  76-2.

Stuart Broad does not have a fracture to his foot ( it will be a bruised heel like in the summer!) so he will bat if required and believe me with the amount of runs that England need to make to win, I think he will be required!

Nasser Hussein one of my favourite cricketers ( NOT!!). has been spouting off that the remainder of the tour is down to individual responsibility and not team spirit. What the flip is this man on!!! This is the reason that England are in the mess that they are in , as too many players are playing for their own glory and not for England!!!.

6.45am Root has gone!!!!

Oh dear  so early, so tired and so nearly off on a rant!!!!!

Well before I close this chapter of the blog, it is a sad day in the film industry with news coming through that Peter O' Toole has passed away. He was 81 and most well known for his portrayal of Lawrence of Arabia.
A great actor of the old 'hell raisers' school,


And so I am off to brave the cold and to head off to super swanky Lady Lainey office where I will be super freezing for most of the day until the central heating kicks into 'candle warmth' mode!


This is my last Monday at work until next year!!!! Yip de flipping skip!!!!!



No comments :