Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 December 2013

Not long now......





..................until I am standing here...............outside the home of The Blades, yes only two more 'getty ups' and I am off to Sheffield where I am very nearly sleeping on the hallowed turf of Bramall Lane. Yesterday the Blades made a trip down to Hertfordshire and took on Stevenage. The result was a 0-0. They are still hovering above the relegation zone, so me thinks that the boys need to get their act together.

Funnily enough  both Birmingham City and The Mighty Whites had the same score!


Well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not really sure where to start with this, Graeme Swann has announced that he  is retiring from all forms of cricket with immediate effect. He said it was a difficult decision, but that felt that the time is now right.
Swann took 255 wickets in 60 tests, the sixth highest tally for England, however sadly he has come to the fore in recent days due to comments made on a social media site.

Good luck to Swanny and I am sure that he will  be missed by the rest of the team.

2 down!!!! How many more before the end of the tour???

The wonderful 'Timmy' Bresnan has been speaking about how England need to use Melbourne as a springboard to bounce back form their lowest point. Now I like TIm Bresnan and not just because he is a Tyke. He is a fighter and also plain speaking. Where some England players moan about being away form home for long periods etc etc, Tim commented, that was was not to like about staying in 5* Hotels and having a mini bar! Top boy!!!.


After a very busy day yesterday I am today going to Church and then to  deliver my final pressie to 'Auntie' Norma and then do a spot* of housework (* like a flipping load of housework). Make sure that Dame Didi's bedroom is tidy and ready for her. And then have a nap, before doing more housework and a final spot of present wrapping.

I also have my case to pack for Sheffield...................so much to do and so much time to do it in,


Well its a short one today as I need to get busy. So until tomorrow.............

Bon Journee



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL

Didn't realise that you would have settled for the hallowed turf of Bramall Lane. Should have told me could have saved some cash, I could have slept in the car and you on the turf.

DD