Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Tykes are go!!!!



So yesterday Yorkshire announced their deals for next seasons T20 matches with the brilliant poster ( above) of the Magnificent 7 with of course his Royal Ryanness to the fore. I have to say that I loved this and had a jolly good laugh at it too. Well done Yorkshire.

And whilst we are on all things Tykey, it is looking good for Tim Bresnan who has been added to the squad  for the second test now that he has recovered from injury.  He has been talking about the stress fracture which ended his season early, and his road to recovery. And of course his delight at now being back with the Ashes team.
And further Tyke news down under is that Graham Gooch has hinted that Joe Root will take Trotts number 3 batting place. Now that might silence the other contender...................or maybe not.

The build up to the second test begins.


As you may all be aware Dame Didi and I are 'decamping' to The Copthorne in Sheffield for Christmas shenanigans. However on Xmas eve I am treating my sister to fish and chips in Sheffield. 'Why' I hear you all asking when I am constantly bemoaning not losing weight. Well you will have to wait to find out #everyoneincludingusmaybedisappointed


Yesterday was a great day for 'The Taking Steps Project'. The Domestic Violence charity which I back wholeheartedly. They have a wonderful Patron in Shelley Preston ( formerly of Bucks Fizz) and now have a male patron ( Domestic violence does not just affect women). The former Hampshire and England bowler Shaun Udal has stepped up and agreed to back the charity which is fantastic. His company 'Cotton Graphics' have also helped out with the charities Children's Xmas party and I am sure that on the 15th December there will be smiles galore. I also would like to thank my friends who donated to the charity for the party fund. 

On this day

3rd December


1976 Mark Boucher South African cricketer born

1977 David Sales was born Northamptonshire cricketer who made 210 on his First class debut

1981 David Villa Spanish footballer born ( eye candy for Lady Lainey)




So now as I head off into the dark ( and yes every morning it is dark until passed 8am  and then dark again by 3.30pm) to super swanky Lady Lainey office, I hope that Trill Boy is not so 'on form' today and that I can finally finish all the tasks that I need to do before out big Christmas gut bash on Friday!!!! 

I am trying to decide which tiara to wear, but fear that which ever one it is may be lost before I get home, judging by past years!!! 







No comments :