Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Back to it!




Well, I ended up n bed most of yesterday, yes the doc said that the 'Tonsillitis' was back, although in theory it had probably not gone a way. So more pills to swallow ( which is very hard to do and very painful). I am this morning feeling no better, but, I have to go to make sure that those 'boys' have not been running amok in super swanky Lady Lainey office.

So whilst I slept yesterday there was quite a lot going on in cricket land.

In Australia, Mitchell Johnson The man of the Ashes Series won the Allan Border medal. Australias top cricket award. Johnson who had fought his way back into the side after injury, said that he knew in his heart if he got the opportunity, he would make the most of it. And to be honest he did, 37 wickets in the series!!!

There is trouble brewing between South Africa and the ICC, over the proposal to give England, India and Australia, greater control of the sport.The 21 page paper is scheduled to be discussed on  28-29th January.
I have read most of the plans. 'Two Tier structure' with promotion and relegation etc.

I will add my views to this later.


Over in the World Cup qualifiers Scotland beat the UAE  by 53 runs, Calum MAcLeod hit a century . This is Scotlands second win in three matches and seals their Super Six place before Thursdays final group match against Canada.

Rumours flying that Captain Cook may step down  as one day captain are again circulating,. To be honest I think that Cook doesn't really know his 'a$$e from his elbow at the moment. The team have taken a total hammering by the Austalians ( who in 6 months have gone from Zero-Hero). Ravi Bopara has backed him saying that he is sure that Cook has  the backing of the rest of his team mates. Well only time will tell what the actual outcome is.

Next ODI is early hours of Friday morning here.

Well its looking good on the clear out front, as I have bids on things from the garage. This means that I will be able to actually walk in and not nearly 'kneecap' myself!

I am also gathering more 'stuff' for the big sale on 1st February and then anything that is still hanging around will be off to the charity shop.

I am really going to have this house cleared out once and for all!

well I suppose it is time for me to head off to the office and see what damage they caused yesterday.I know that I will not be able to shout at them......................but there will be hell to pay if my desk is 'littered' with drawings!!!!








No comments :