Powered By Blogger

Friday 31 January 2014

Best day of the week! It's F(ryan)day




Yes it's finally F(Ryan)day and another weekend is looming large! This one is not going to be as 'large' as last weekend that I know for sure,  How do I know this? well, because I am not having any vino or champers or dirty martinis, in fact this weekend I am going totally sober. Yes looks as if it may be mighty boring!!!

However it will also be a massive boost to the old weightloss which this week was an amazing 4lb. Yes I toddled off down to 'chubby club' last night and cannot believe that in two weeks I am nearly 1/2 stone lighter. As I was told later, I am wasting away. Well there is still a lot of Lady Lainey at the moment and wasting away is something that I most certainly am not!. However every 1lb off is more pennies for 'The Taking Steps Project' and that is a great incentive.

I also waved goodbye to my old Raleigh bike last night as it set off to it's new home in Penrith. It is going to be given a makeover and next summer is off on a jaunt down the Danube. Much more scenic than Aycliffe cycle paths.

On the cricket front, Scotland have made it through to the 2015 World Cup after beating Kenya by three wickets. As you know Mr Funky the chauffeur and I have seen Scotland play numerous times at Chester Le Street ( and got the frostbite to prove it!). Always an enjoyable (if usually freezing) match. Jolly well done to the boys.

Other County news is that Matthew Walker, Essex's Assistant coach has left this position  to return to Kent in the same role. Matthew spent most of his playing career at Kent before moving to Essex in 2008. I did see him play 2nd X1 for Kent many years ago. ( I thought that someone had let one of the local children have a little game!!)


So Dave and Richard set off on their 48/50 World Record cricket nets attempt yesterday lunchtime, by the sounds of the tweets they will have a few bruises when this is all over!.


So I am hurrying off today as I have to deliver important packages to Super Swanky Lady Lainey office,as Job the Jolly is having a birthday. Woohooo jelly, ice cream and sausage rolls!Playing pass the parcel and pin the tail on the donkey. Well probably not, but he will be getting some pressies.

Hopefully all my readers will be fully fit and well today, not happy when I hear that someone is 'not too grand'.

Have a very happy Friday and 'Bon Weekend'



No comments :