Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 January 2014

Cold, Cold and got a cold!





Oh yes and so it begins.....................New Year and New cold. Add this to the fact that super swanky Lady Lainey office is going to be freezing today and it all adds up to being a grim one for me. I can hardly drink my coffee as my throat is so sore and how  on earth will I get through the day if I am not drinking copious amounts of the black nectar. I also think that I will have a problem shouting at boys too. This is not a flipping good start to the week.


I suppose it is just a continuation of the humiliation at the weekend, that was the The Ashes tour!.

Yes every part of the last 5 tests have now been dissected and it is the general consensus that England are rubbish and need a total overhaul. However all the back room staff seem to think that they are indispensable! Although personally how Andy Flowers can stay after this I do not know. I am reading as much as I can regarding the shambles before I deliver my verdict. However nothing can change the fact that we were well and truly stuffed by the Aussies. FACT!

Well if the tabloids are to be believed Monty Panesar has been trying to make up for his lack of wickets by bowling 'maidens' over. Oh yes, after his antics last summer it appears that Monty is living up to the  cricketers reputation and has been offering 'tours' of his hotel room. Whether it not this is true, is irrelevant, as a  'lady' has been blabbing to the press about this.

And as we ladies know, all cricketers are Gentlemen.....................


Countess Christine of McNally tipped up at LT Towers II yesterday with replacement dining chairs for me. One of my gorgeous chairs has very wobbly legs and cannot ( according to  cousin Sir Steven of Wilko) be repaired. Luckily Chris found two so she got them for me and now all looks to be perfect in the dining room again!


So what does this week hold for I Lady Lainey, well apart from feeling flipping rotten, we have a new build landing on our desks today so that will take some sorting out before any drawing happens. I am whipping the boys into shape this week as I am sick and tired of 'boy talk'. It's time to get back to talking about, shopping and handbags and new tiaras.

And then I can settle down to trying to drink coffee and look pretty for the remainder of the day. Oh yes back to the good old office!


Until tomorrow when I hope to be feeling jolly well better!




No comments :