Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 January 2014

Really got to get to it!





Yes I had great plans for yesterday and although I made some headway  I ended up closing my innings  with way too much work to do today!

So as the picture shows, today I am stepping up a gear and intend to get LOTS done today and have a nap too.

So I crawled into my bed after midnight, fell asleep and then woke up at about 3am so that I could check in with the cricket, I am late with the blog because I have been listening to the  'hacks' talking about KP and it makes for very interesting listening.Lots of rumour and speculation surrounding the 'Ego boy'. but lets get to the cricket.
England won the toss and elected to bat. The side had new input from Butler, Bopara, Morgan and Jordan. Captain Cook looked less stressed than he had in the last few weeks and strode out in fresh kit  to take his place at the crease with Bell. Well it was all going so well, for 03 overs!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cook out,  for 4.

Root came in and after making cricket really look less interesting than watching paint dry he too was out for 3.However he asked for it to be reviewed, only for the Umpire to 'give him the finger' and Joey was wandering back to the pavilion!  Bell went slightly later on as England were 62-3. By this time I fell asleep as it was like watching a rerun of all the other matches they had played this tour.

When I woke up I realised that there had been something of a rally from the troops, and that Ballance and Morgan had put on a good stand. Morgan went at 50 and Ballance  hit 79!.

At the end of their innings they were 269-7.

Australia are in now and are currently 58 without loss.

So what plans today. Well I am going to be trying to offload more of my rubbish treasures on eBay and also have a bonfire to get rid of all the flipping horsechestnut leaves that are lying around in the extensive grounds of LT Towers II.. I need to tidy up the garage in preparation for the arrival of another fridge and freezer (Why on earth does one person need to have 2 fridges and 2 freezers!???). Then I will be having a little nap before tackling all the paperwork in the 'office'.

Phewwww!!! I am flipping exhausted just writing about all the things that I have to do, however I have to crack on because as was brought up in a conversation yesterday. The cricket season  is getting ever closer and all the things that I thought I would have done now, are still waiting..............


Oh well best to log off and go and do something constructive.

 Australia now 68 without loss!!!! :-(




No comments :