Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Tuesday, bluesday




Well now then, where to start, firstly its Tuesday  and secondly I feel as if I have a golf ball lodged in my throat!! I actually have tonsillitis, which is flipping amazing as they 'whipped' them out when I was 8 years old. However the infection has taken hold, I feel ghastly and can't eat anything and can hardly even drink ( that would be non alcoholic beverages!). I am taking the tablets and hope that I am back to my usual bouncy happy Lady like self in no time at all.

And talking about no time at all, it seems like ages ago that I was telling you about the 48 hour non stop nets challenge taking place in Lincolnshire at the end of January. Well as you know we are now at 7th January so time is moving on and it'll be here in no time at all.
Dave and Richards are doing this mad inspirational challenge in aid of Brain tumour research and are 'begging' for any kind of cricket donations that can be raffled off to raise more money whilst the Net challenge takes place. If anyone can help out with this please contact  https://twitter.com/LadyLaineyR
Although the challenge is for 48 hours which will smash the world record, they actually want to go for 50!

My challenge today is to just get through 7 hours of sitting in super swanky Lady Lainey office looking 'kind of' pretty and then getting back to The Towers in time to crash out in my bed!.

Not content with us all suffering watching England lose the Ashes and 5 tests, we are now being bombarded with every ex player and his dog, letting us know their reasons why England lost.

Well as I am an ex player ( Harefield Ladies to be exact, prodigy of Harry Latchman!), here is my take on the whole shambles. We put out a 'team' and I use that word loosely. We all know there is no 'i' in team, however someone had failed to mention this to some of the players, who with their usual over inflated egotistical style thought that they could retain the Ashes single handed. Then we have the 'young guns' who showed great ability, which to be honest wasn't that difficult considering the shabby show from others.

HOWEVER, these youngsters should not be pushed up through the ranks quickly but allowed to play their way in. Some of them also need to calm down their 'hard boy' image because  it does them no favours ( in my book).
There are also some 'elders' of the team who think that they will still be around in 2015 to win the Ashes back. Well KP if you are still in the team in 2015 I am taking up supporting Italy!

Basically we lost because we were outplayed by Australia and not because we 'weren't on home turf', 'were having off days!!!!!'. We lost because we were too busy resting on our laurels to see the amount of work that Australia had done with their team. We lost because we were too full of ourselves.

Wowweeee!!!! I was off on a super cricket rant there and when I am not feeling too well too.

Gosh think I had better go and have a lie down for a little minute and then head off in the Lady Lainey limo!



No comments :