Powered By Blogger

Friday 24 January 2014

Woohoo it be F(ryan)day









And it is nearly the weekend, which means only one thing………………flipping housework!!! Think it is time for me to get staff in, yes a cleaner would really make my life so much better. Seriously thinking about it as come the cricket season LT Towers II could be in total chaos.

Found out the other evening that  Gillespie the Gallant is to head a Q & A session at Scarborough CC along with Adam Lyth (oddest laugh ever!) AND His Royal Ryanness This all takes place on February 4th . Now this causes  HUGE dilemma in the life of I , Lady Lainey. I want to go and hear what they have to say but because I am over 2 hours away from Scarbados, and it is a 'school night' and it is the middle of winter......HUGE dilemma.  It is not a bad drive there and back in the summer over the Moors Road, beautiful views etc dropping in on besty sister in the whole world, Dame Didi’s at Chateau Saltburn, drinking all her wine.........winter though not an option. ( very sad face!!)

I thought of asking Mr Funky the Chauffeur but already know the outcome of that conversation


Lady Lainey, Hey Mr Funky would you like to run me Scarbados on Tuesday 4 th February.

Mr Funky No

Lady Lainey But you don’t know why yet


Mr Funky Got a pretty good idea.

Lady Lainey Ohhhhhh Mr Funky, Gillespie the Gallant is hosting a Q & A session

Mr Funky NO

Lady Lainey Ohhhhhhh  go on Mr Funky, His Royal Ryanness will be there too

Mr Funky NOOOO!!!!!

Lady Lainey OK I will pay and put fuel in the big blue tank thing

Mr Funky NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Lady Lainey I PROMISE to behave in the best Lady Lainey like way

Mr Funky And there you have the reason for me not taking you!!!!!!!



I know that this will be his response without trying and know that I will be forever tarred with  the unlady like  brush, accused of  bad behaviour when all I do is go to cricket, sit quietly and provide all the flipping food and drink!!!! And photograph cricketer posteriors……..


What on earth is a Lady to do?????? Well sit at home on that particular Tuesday evening by the sounds of it! Mighty gutted!!!!!

Funny thing is that Gillespie the Gallant is also venturing to Wales on 15th Feb to Ynysygerwn CC . Now I am wondering why Aycliffe CC have not had him there along with his Royal Ryanness, to give us an insight into life at Yorkshire CCC, I could chuffing well walk there and stumble home in less than 5 minutes. And we are just off the A1 too!!!!!

I read an interesting piece yesterday on ‘How to land a Yorker’. Apart from the fact that my former bowling coach Harry Latchman would choke on his over proof rum and coke if I did manage to ‘land a Yorker’, I noted that it was written by Mark Garraway. I remember him when he kept wicket for Hampshire 2nds and sometimes 1st team.

It was actually very interesting, although my bowling days are well and truly behind me!


Whilst mentioning (former besty home county in the south ) Hampshire they announced yesterday that they had signed South Afircan fast bowler Kyle Abbotr as their overseas player. Good luck to him.

Sadly Lady Lainey’s besty international team The Netherlands failed in their bid to make the World cup as they went out to Kenya yesterday. However Scotland are through to the Super Six stage.

Englands Ladies lost to Australia yesterday and so have to win their next match to retain  the Ashes. come on girls!!

'Shane Warne is to mentor the Australian spinners for the world T20'. Well expect plenty of teeth whitening, fake tan, manicured nails and lots of botox Estee Lauder products!!!!!

I am feeling much better now after the recurrence of tonsillitis, however obviously not quite well enough to wake myself up at 3am for the ODI, I woke up at 4.25am!!!!  The score is currently (6.26am UK) time
216-5 with Stokes being the top scorer.

I have to run this morning as I have to pick Job the Jolly up at the garage on the way into super swanky Lady Lainey office, he has only gone and broken his car!!!! Boys!!!

May be late tomorrow as night out tonight!!! 









No comments :