Powered By Blogger

Saturday 1 February 2014

Amazing boys.



So the boys were still going strong on the 48 world record attempt  48/50 hours cricket challenge. I had gone to lend my support ( that's a lot of support!!!) and to say that Dave and Richard must be completely mad to start this, well I am guessing that they will be stark raving mad when they finish it!



However there was no one more surprised that Dave Newman when Chris Rushworth walked in!! That was one big smile on his face. This was when he was about 28 hours into the challenge.




Chris was brilliant and had brought various goodies with him


And he even bowled to Dave when the bowling machine had a temporary hitch. All round good guy and I think he lifted  morale.

The whole event is still going now and they are now 43 hours into the 48.

They have already broken the longest net record but have added to this by being the first pair to attempt it .

Well done to them both. Amazing!


Whilst mentioning Chris, its worth remembering that he is going 'dry' for the whole of 2014 !!!!! Now that is a challenge ( well it is in my house!). And if anyone would like to donate to his fund you can find all the information at his just giving page  http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Rushworth2
This is for another excellent cause, as all monies will go to Save the Children.
Good luck Chris.

Whilst at the nets news filtered through that Andy Flower had resigned, so I very quickly got my quill out and my CV is winging its way to the ECB as we speak. Well hey, what harm could it do! Ashley Giles is a strong contender for the position ( because they haven't got my CV yet!!!!).

Well the sun is up, the sky is grey, and I am off to Saltburn today.

Bon Journee!!!







No comments :