Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 February 2014

I feel like I have swallowed a golf ball!! AGAIN!!!



So when I was a 'little ' Lady Lainey ( see above and yes that is blonde hair!) I was plagued with tonsillitis, until they took me in to hospital and 'whipped' them out when I was eight. now 14 years later ( hahahahaha) I am being plagued with 'tonsillitis' again. This morning I again feel as if I have a golf ball lodged in my throat and feel pretty yukky to say the least. What the 'Donald  Duck' is going on???? This is the third time in less than 5 weeks! Not happy and also haven't slept, feel ill, don't want to go to work.........


However soldiering on, it was a good day for Ireland as they took on the West indies in a T20 International.................................and flipping well won. I think that we all know that the 'Windies' are not quite on a par with the teams of yesteryear, but for Ireland this is an amazing win. Chris Gayle ( obviously) was the top scorer  with 1!!!!. The West Indies  made 116-8 in their 20 overs
 Ireland's Ed Joyce made 40 not out and  helped he team along to their win 117-4 in 19.1 overs. Well done!

Sussex have announced a deficit of £630.000 in their accounts in 2013. I think that this may be the same for many County sides, with the exception of champions of the world  Durham who must be awash with money thanks to my wine consumption last season and the over inflated price they were charging for something that was no better than 'dentists mouthwash'!

Apparently running a first class club is very  demanding, OK  let the dog see the rabbit here!!!! Cut your cloth accordingly!! Here are my top tips on saving clubs money.

saving no1. I think that the players should all go camping when they go to visit other teams, imagine them all sitting round the camp fire after the match toasting marshmallows and singing 'Kum by ya'.

saving no 2. None of these 'exotic' pre season tours, let them all have a week of knock out tournaments in Bogner Regis and they could stay at Butlins too.

saving no3.  Bring a packed lunch and tea, Lady Lainey does.

see already in three steps I have saved the clubs a HUGE amount of money, and don't get me started on  club 'deadwood'.


Well I may not be able to talk, but I was able to have a little rant in my typing.

So I am keeping this short as I wend my way to Super swanky Lady Lainey office to croak at boys and try to drink anything!

Oh yes Dame Didi, I got some cracking wallpaper for the hall here at LT Towers II, but since you were out on the razz last night and I was tucked up in bed I didn't get to tell you!




1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

I too was looking at wallpaper yesterday, however, I am not looking at "cracking" paper the walls have enough cracks for my liking and I need to get some good paper to hide the cracks. Ha Ha

Your blog worked wonders last night a question on who got KP and I dug deep and got the Delhi Daredevils. Riccardo was mucho impresto.

DD