Powered By Blogger

Thursday 13 February 2014

Lady Lainey is wind swept!




Oh my giddy aunt it has been super flipping windy and that has nothing to do with the baked beans I had last night!!! Yes, snow yesterday morning, washed away by torrential rain and then the rain dried up by chuffing gale force winds!!!!
The Lady Lainey limo was  being blown all over the A1 on the drive home and as for the Lady Lainey 'barnet' well the least said about that birdsnest the better.! And as for getting some flipping sleep, well to say that I am tired this morning is an understatement. so I had best get on with other news.

Firstly good old Angus Fraser has been appointed as an England selector. YEAAAHHY!!! hopefully some sense in the selection process!!. Gus who will continue in his role of Middlesex Director of Cricket has always been a favourite in Lady Lainey's book. Yes I remember seeing him running ( struggling) up Watford Road past the Nato Base as I was driving into previous super swanky international Lady Lainey office.
I seriously hope that sense and reason will now prevail!
He takes up the new role on March 1st ( Her serene Highnesses birthday) and said that despite the doom and gloom over the winter he thinks that there are exciting times ahead. WOOOOHOOOO me too, call up His Royal Ryanness again please Gus!


Also taking on a new role is Captain Collywobble Paul Collingwood who has been handed the England Assistant coaches job for the England ODI series in the West Indies and the T20's in Bangladesh. ( racking up his air miles!). This is only short term ( at the moment?) and he will then rejoin Champions of the world Durham.


After KP being snapped up for mega bucks in the IPL  by The Delhi Daredevils, things did not go so well for other English player who were up for auction. Simon Jones to name one, were not bought by any team! I think that the problem was that KP had gone super high profile the week before and everyone wanted him. Any other Englishman was not good enough ( and KP isn't even English!!!). Bad luck to the rest of the boys, particularly Jones who will no longer be playing county cricket this year.


Well now that the dishwasher has finished it cycle I can hear that it is still windy outside so am now considering heading off extra early this morning. Not to make my working day longer but to just take my time getting into the office.

if you are reading this from the warmth of your living room or from your bed!!! then I would suggest that you stay where you are. Its not going to be too good today!.




2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Looks like you will have to fasten your headscarf extra tight to keep out this wind, especially if you want your curly locks to continue looking good in this weather.

Headscarves can be smart, get a Chanel or Hermes one.

DD

Lady Lainey said...

too late I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards when I got to work!