Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Workout Wednesday



Well I am up and out of bed, which was a workout in itself, trying to get my feet onto the bedroom floor was nigh on impossible, however I have been lying on the floor doing my back exercises and although I don't feel any more comfortable at least  I am making the effort.

So now I am donning my best tiara and a frock ( that'll shock the office boys) and I am about to put n some 'slap' and hopefully get through the day without 'arghhhing' all the time.

So we are back to International cricket with England in the West Indies, the team were in Antigua in a warm up match against the Vice Chancellors XI. Well flipping heck little Joey Root hit 104 off 103 balls and looked in good form, and he  was not only ecstatic about his century but also that The Blades won last night too!. A great day for Joe.
Timmy Bresnan didn't do too badly either making a stand with Joe and scoring 147 along the way. The Tykes were showing there style. However Stokes who was batting at number 3 made 58 so well done to the Durham boy.

The ODI starts on Friday as I am travelling down to London for super fabby weekend with Zemina and Gary, hope the back recovers before then.


Dame Didi text me last night asking me sign a petition to keep Teesside Airport open. If you feel that this airport should not close please sign the petition at
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/david-cameron-keep-open-teesside-airport

Or just go to change.org and type in Teesside airport and fill in the petition on line.
This  is a local airport, it was an RAF base and should be kept open for all to use.

I personally have flown in and out numerous times, it was a direct link to Heathrow at one time.

Well weather here in the North East of blighty is cold and grey today with rain expected so wellies at the ready and make sure you have a rain bonnet if you have a mad afro like mine.

Just a reminder it is now one day closer to the cricket season and excitement is mounting here at LT Towers II.On my return form Londinium, I will be washing out the flasks in readiness and getting everything in order for the chaos and madness that is 'cricket morning' .

I can hardly wait!!!.




2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

Thanks for the plug about good old Teesside Airport. Hope your readers feel the need to sign the petition too.

Tsarina Katarina could be making a visit to Eboracum today whilst I am only visiting Middlesbrough - never mind in line with the Roman theme I was born just outside Vinovium.

Bye for now

DD

Lady Lainey said...

Well I was born in Gods own country so beat that!!!! I'm a Tyke and I am proud of it. Harry and Blossom are coming up to see me soon!