Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 March 2014

back to reality!




So after the most eventful and fun packed weekend I am this morning sitting back at the computer and contemplating the week ahead in super swanky Lady Lainey office. Get me another train ticket QUICK!!!!!


Yes the weekend was so great and I had such a brilliant time that I can't wait to go back. Yesterday morning was truly the morning after the night before. We all looked a little worse for out 'mad' night down the Manor'. We set off to go have breakfast at the local 'Cafe'. No parking in the high street so we parked out in one of the many side roads. We got out of the car to go and have a massive 'gut bash', and there he was....................the man who took Geoff Boycotts wicket on his debut ( his 5th ball). Yes standing looking straight at me was Martin Jean-Jacques best ex Hants bowler friend!!! Of all the roads in all the Manor we were parked in the same one!!!
He couldn't come and stuff large amounts of fried brekkie down his gullet, but we ended up standing talking for about 20 minutes.

Topped the weekend off nicely.

So I started to wend my weary way back to  Kings Cross to get on the train to come home. Oh yes true to form, the train was delayed for an hour and  I was flipping sick!! However once on the train I was kept thoroughly entertained by a gentleman from Washington and before I knew it, I was back in LT Towers II with a pile of washing and sooo tired that I just went to bed.

And yes the washing fairies did not come and do it whilst I was getting my beauty sleep either!! Its all still there.


Before I go I will say that England beat the West Indies, but it was a great show of bowling and a poor show of batting on their part.
Series is level and  I am guessing that the 'Windies' will regroup and win the last game. #myprediction.

So now it is back to the normal day to day and I am now on countdown to my next 'jolly' which is in April when I head home to La Belle France and all the madness that will entail.

Short today but no doubt I will bounce back tomorrow.

For those of you who also had a journey yesterday I hope that you  are fully recovered today .


No comments :