Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 March 2014

First day of spring






Oh yes it is officially the first day of spring and the daffodils are all flowering in the extensive grounds of LT Towers II most especially around the fences in the Deer Park. It can only get better from now on.......


.......as you know  I have been having a bit of a year this year.  And with the cricket season nearly upon me I am still trying to finish off loose ends. However I have now found the most amazing thing ever invented.......plastic skirting boards. Pull old ones off, stick new white plastic ones on. Never have to paint again. AMAZING!!!!.
I know of late I have been turning into a DIY fanatic but honestly. Never painting skirtings again, well.............and don't get me started on the  architrave too. Wow I am super excited by all this. I think that this is starting to be a DIY tips blog!!!!

So lets get back to the important things cricket, OMG! think we should go back to 'DIY corner'!!!

Well England got beaten by India in their second warm up match. This being their final warm up, I for one was hoping that they would be looking good. However although they  got off to a flying start dismissing India's opening batsman, Sharma for 5 and then Dhawan for 14 it was still not a good performance. Even Top Tyke Timmy Bresnan didn't manage to excel although with 1 wicket and 3 runs  he at least had a little go.

The word at the scuttlebutt is that England 'faded' after a flying start with the bat. So what's that all about???

Ireland continued through the tournament in their group by beating UAE. The win was by 21 runs on the D/L. This came about due to two floodlight failures and rain.

Zimbabwe also beat The Netherlands  with a last ball six hit by Vusi Sibandi, I love a last ball win!! . Both of these sides are trailing Ireland.

Durham flew out to the UAE yesterday to play the MCC,  Scott Borthwick  went on record to say that he is looking to take a more responsibility and is preparing to 'step up'. Hmmmmmmmm maybe he should have a little word with one of his team members who seems to lack maturity #myopiniononly

New signing John Hastings is looking forward to joining the team in late May early June after his spell in the IPL.


So yesterday in super swanky Lady Lainey office, Pony Paul and I had a very quiet day. Which was bliss, and I managed to have a nap, well looking pretty for 7 hours is flipping exhausting I can tell you.

Today however Trill Boy is back and no doubt it will have been a hideous day yesterday and an even worse evening in his house!!!!

Oh well time to scoot.

Dame Didi hope your neck is not too sore today, I did try to ring you last night, I will ring tonight after all the 'stuff' is sorted.












No comments :