Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Flipping Tuesday and not packed!



Oh no it's Tuesday and I am still not packed!!! I haven't even got 'piles'!!!! ( of clothes that is! or the other either!!!!). I am really leaving this to the last minute!!! And that will spell disaster as I am sure to forget something!

One thing that I won't be forgetting is my all important 'tablet so that I can  send you all my blog from La Belle France. Well I know you will miss all the exploits of I, Lady Lainey and Dame Didi, most especially 'commando' style raids on next doors garden and coming face to 'face' with naked shower guy!. And the reports on the super illuminations in the night sky. Well that is all to come over the next couple of weeks and goodness only knows what other 'trouble' we will get into.

So firstly before I go into total melt down, lets see what happened yesterday in the cricket. Well my 'spy' in Northants said that the weather was good and that the hotel had WiFi and a television AND soft toilet roll, so that was all good but how were Durham fairing?
Well they went all guns blazing to post a total of  452 with Phil Mistard scoring 91. and super polite young man Jamie Harrison making his besty ever score with the bat of 65. Top boy and top knock!
He then went on to take two wickets, but Northants were fighting back and at the close of play were 200-3.


Down in Taunton, Rashid got his ton and Yorkshire were looking good. Even his Royal Ryanness was doing good with the bat but ( unlucky for some) 13 was not his number and he was out. I was boohooing when I read that ! They were all out for 450 which is pretty good in my book.

Ryan took a wicket and Plunkett took two as Somerset took too batting. They closed on  166 -3 and I am desperately trying to find out his Royal Ryanness's running total of first class wickets! Someone help me out here, is it 618 or 614??????

In the second division Hampshire were looking better than on Sunday Vince scored a century and took themselves to 417-9 in reply to 304 form Gloucestershire.

It's all to play for one day three!

Well baby talk is to the fore in  super Swanky Lady Lainey office as Trill Boy and Pony Paul await the imminent arrivals of their little bundles of joy.Yes it may all kick off when I am on my jollies. Well they will still be talking about it or mumbling about it through lack of sleep on my return.

Oh well as you will see from the time of this posting I am up way too early and still have lots to do. So best get on with it.

have a super crickety day where ever you are.

And if you are near Shrewsbury School they have a cricket festival starting today.





No comments :