Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Mid week and nearer to the weekend











Yes it is midweek and so we are closer to the weekend and all that it holds, for me, that means more decorating and also packing of the suitcase ready for la grand vacances. Yes only just over a week until I am in the land of my dream car, the Deux Chevaux. I cannot wait until I am 'bombing' around the lanes of the Champagne Region in my tin can on wheels. Well I do it here so no change really!

However before all of that takes place lets see how the cricket went yesterday, well it was sunshine all round and all the teams went out to play. No skipping or hopscotch though, they were playing proper games. Yes it was time to play cricket.

My Tykes were having a bit of a 'friendly' but had left His Royal Rynness at home to have a bit of R & R ready for the big 700, this season.

Durham were taking on the students and after losing a very quick wicket, finally closed the day 487 all out. Captain Colleywobble hit a century and the newly streamlined Chris Rushworh hit 27. The season 'proper' starts for them on Sunday when  they  head off to Northampton shire...........

Which is where my Tykes are at this moment.
Some people have been lured to Northampton with promises of WiFi and soft toilet roll and TV in their accommodation. We shall see!.

Else where Hampshire got to play and appeared to be in trouble until Sean Ervine stepped up to the crease and made 93 which helped them out of a sticky situation after a badly rain affected match. They finished on 263, and at stumps Worcestershire were 103-1.

Today it is all stations go at Lady Lainey office as there is lots of work to do and not too much time to do it in.

So as they say in all the best places ( my blog being one of them) Time and tide wait for no Lady so I am off to twirl my curls, get into full voice ( even though there are only two boys today) and drink copious amounts of rooibos tea.

Oh the delights of working in the cricket season, I see Twitter will be taking another battering today.

And finally Dame Didi, I cannot believe that you did not recognise the picture from yesterday. Due to 'having a couple of shandies ' you said...............................more like a bucket of Pastis washed down with champagne chasers.

I will continue the 'where in France' pictures at a later date.

I am however a tad concerned that due to have Easter in la Belle France the Easter bunny ( lapin du paque) will not know where to find me. Last time  I was there for Easter he had been squashed in the road outside Chateau Didi in his attempt to find me!!!!!!


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,

If lapin du paque can find you this time, reckon he will be bringing you a boatload of carrots just to keep you on the health kick. So better watch out for Peter Rabbit with a sack full of carrots - not too difficult to spot methinks!