Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 April 2014

New week and cricket!!!!




Well it is the start of the working week and it is also really the start of the County season ( although some started yesterday confused?????? yep me too).  However I for one am super flipping excited and can hardly contain myself, yes this early in the morning I am bouncing around like a super bouncy thing!!! It truly is a sight to behold, orange curls all over the place.

And they were the same yesterday as I was cheering on Sri Lanka in the WT20 final. They won by six wickets and were ecstatic to say the least. They are currently coached by former Yorkshire 2nd XI coach Paul Farbrace who took over earlier this year. This is a resounding success for both Paul and the team who have now put a run of four defeats in global finals behind them, jolly well done I say.!!!

Former besty county in the south,Hampshire started their race to promotion yesterday at Southampton, however constant drizzle meant that play ws delayed and intermittent as those Hants boys were worried that their hair may go flat or worse still FRIZZY!!! ( OK thats a fib!!!). When play took place the run for promotion looked like a run for the warmest seat in the Pavillion as Michael Carberry , YES! Michael Carberry was out for a duck! They were 37-3 at the end of the 8.5 overs of play possible due to the weather.

Dale Benkenstein who has been snapped up as coach at South Durham Hampshire said that they would have preferred to bowl in those conditions. 'NON MERDE!' I think that they need a quick pep talk from I Lady Lainey!!!! First day of the county season and Carbs out for a duck!!!! What the 'Donald Duck'????

Champions of the world are taking on a bunch of students so that should be a walk over! and if not, why not? Not to take anything away from the boys, I really wish them a great season and as you know I will be at as many matches as I can be, on my seat on the boundary.


My Tykes do not start their game until tomorrow when they are starting their championship push #myopiniononly.

So what else?

Well I got more done in the 'office' yesterday but was slightly 'waylaid' by cricket and putting 'stuff' on eBay. However, hopefully this will mean that lots of money rolls into the French bank account account of moi and that I can retire to The Champagne region very soon.

Meanwhile back in the real world!!! Its time to head off to super swanky Lady Lainey office and all the joy that this holds on a Monday morning,




No comments :