Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 April 2014

Not so sunny Saturday



Zut alors!!! Il fait froid et il pleut, or in English, it is cold and it is raining!!. Ou est le soleil???? ( where is the sun??) As you can tell I am getting into the swing of speaking in the mother tongue ready for my return home next week. However as there is no sunshine today there will be no holiday washing on the line and instead Tykes Towers will have my 'smalls' strewn all over the flipping place. Oh dear!

There will be smalls strewn all over the place at the many homes of  the players of besty home county of Yorkshire and former besty home county of Durham as players ( and supporters) pack their bags ready for the off  and the start of the 'real' County championship games.

His Royal Ryanness did tell me what his total of first class wicket total was for his career ( I think 617???) but as I am 21 years old sometimes I tend to forget things, I can't remember. Anyhoo some cricket badger will let me know so that I can begin the count down to the big 700.

I have very high hopes for 'my boy'!

Durham Skipper Paul Collingwood has been talking to the press about his 'final flourish', how he wants to see what he thinks will be his final season, out on a high. Will Durham win the championship this season? Well with Rushworth and Harrison looking in good form it could be a good bowling attack. however Harrison is prone to injury so its to be hoped that he is not affected this season. Chris Rushworth is looking streamlined this year helped I am sure by his year long 'dry' challenge. With Stokes still injured  the batting attack is open to any who take up the gauntlet.

My Tykes look good on the bowling front with Liam Plunkett showing great form again. His Royal Ryanness??? well that's to be seen this week.I love it when he takes the first wicket!!!

Hampshire are going for promotion with all guns blazing, and I for one really hope that they do it.

So I am now getting myself set to go for a walk ( 2 mile hike to be precise) and then back to the decorating. To say that Tykes Towers looks as if it has been burgled is an understatement. There is not one room in the house that is tidy. but hopefully that  will change over the weekend.

So I am going to 'Narnia' to get the suitcase out and then off for my hike and then the real work begins


Hope that your Saturday is not as busy as mine!


No comments :