Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 April 2014

The mystery of the 'Marie'



So in a field close to Chateau Didi there is a 'marie' in a fenced and gated wooded area. Why? Who does the land belong to? why is there a terrace? And a moat?

As it was a grey and overcast and sometimes wet day yesterday I decided to walk into the 
'village' and just stretch my legs, as I walked past the 'Mairie' office (Mayor) I realised it was open so thought that I would go in and see if they knew the answer to the 'Marie' statue.
This statue is of The Virign Mary, you see them all over Frnce but to see one in  private field is strange.

I asked the Lady on reception, she shrugged and said she didn't know it, however another lady said she had heard of it but never seen it. Then another Lady asked if it was surrounded by a moat and had a 'gazebo' which it did.

By this point I as getting very excited thinking that I was close to getting answers.

The second lady then said that the land was 'prive' and that they had no idea who it belonged to!!!!!!

So near and yet so far!!!
This was the mayors office they are supposed to know everything, or did they and just weren't divulging the info to an English woman with orange/ grey curls???? decide that for yourselves.

Meanwhile back at home. Yorkshire were putting their feet up and relaxing after beating Northants. Durham however had to be content with a draw.


I am now getting very excited about the upcoming 'Derby' wooooohoooo that  is going to be some balancing act sitting on that fence!!!!!




No comments :