Powered By Blogger

Monday 14 April 2014

They fought to the last



Well what can I say, because saying that The Blades lost in the semi-final to Hull does not even come close to the battle that took place at Wembley yesterday. Nigel Clough is rightly full of pride for his team regardless of defeat. In a nutshell, The Blades took the lead, Jose Baxter opened the scoring for The Blades in the 19th minute and they held that lead until Hull equalised in the 42 minute. The Blades came back in the 44th minute to take the lead at half time.

My heart was beating way too fast after half time, as Hull scored again in the 49th minute. Then Quinn scored for Hull and it looked as if it was all over. Which in theory it was at 4-2 to Hull. But Murphy pulled back another goal in the 90th minute to bring the Sheffield fans to their feet. in the 93rd minute Hull scored a 5th goal making this one of the most fought out semis I have ever seen.

Sheffield united may not have won but they gave their fans every penny back of the money spent on a ticket.

What a fantastic game and well played to both teams

It was also a super crickety Sunday, I was listening to the Durham match on the radio whilst continuing to decorate and to be honest up until lunch it was like watching paint dry!!!! Stoneman went early and Borthwick seemed to take a century to make 20 runs. it took Richardson and Mustard to really hit out and bring up the scoring. Durham closed on  265-5.

Yorkshire were showing their class  at Taunton as Lyth, Ballance and Rashid showed why Yorkshire deserve to be champions. His Royal Ryanness got to sit in the pavillion and watch the marathon 'Hart to Hart' film run that was on Movie Mix, as Yorkshire closed on 342-5

#coyt  #wayaw

Hampshire were not fairing too well in Gloucestershire as the home team steamed ahead to 292-5. Well it was only the first day.


A little bird told me that there is some cricket going on at Shrewsbury School this week. Well Mr Rob Morris have a good time if you are involved in it.

So what does today have in store for I Lady Lainey. well work, work and more work. and then home to packing, housework.

Where are my 'staff' to do this for me???? Why are there only three days until I go on my jollies and my smalls are still not in my suitcase? Why can I not find any clothes to take on my jollies when I have wardrobes in every flipping room in the house? and don't get me stared on which shoes and handbags to take..................................... yes its going to be a full on three days before I set of 'homeward' bound to La Belle France.

Oh well off to work

A tout a l'heure




No comments :