Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 May 2014

All over



And so it is all over and I Lay Lainey am deflated ( which would be brill if I really was as I would not be a fatty anymore).
Rain was the arch enemy of Yorkshire yesterday and after bowling champions of the world Durham out and enforcing the follow on, it ended in a draw.


His Royal Ryanness took another wicket bringing his total to 627 or 629. I am still waiting to find out the correct total.
There were some quick wickets which had me really getting excited and hoping that they were going to bowl Durham out, but no it was not to happen.
In the second innings for Durham, 'Jet' Jennings hit a half century before the match was halted with the score at 100-4.

War continues in July at Headingley.

Durham are back in action at home next Friday in the first T20 match of the season, so it will be a race from super swanky Lady Lainey office to get there for the match.

By the time I got back to Tykes Towers I was so tired that I nearly fell asleep on the sitting room floor!

However Prince Philip of South Africa phoned me from Brazil where he is putting the finishing touches to the work for the World Cup before flying home to South Africa for a few days then back to Brazil via London. Sadly no chance for us to meet up this year as  I cannot get to London and he doesn't have enough time to come North.


So it is Thursday and only two days to sort out boys and get my desk into some sort of order before the weekend. When I might just do some DIY.

Oh yes the DIY is rearing its head again, but I might as well do it whilst there is no cricket on.

And some housework would be a good  thing too! and washing, and ironing..............

But now it is time to head off to Lady laineyviile and see what mischief and mayhem the 'boys' have been getting into. And there are still no babies!!!





No comments :