Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Another day another wicket!





Well Yorkshire set a great total. Captain Andrew Gale hit 124, Jonny Bairstow hit 95, and there was a half century for Rashid. Chris Rushworth took 3 wickets for Durham, before Yorkshire declared.

When they went in to bowl his Royal Ryanness  only took a flipping wicket, we nearly missed it as we were so busy finding out interesting things about seagulls! #don'task.

The weather stayed fine although it was a tad cold and I feel that today will be a thermal vest day. The weather forecast says sunny intervals but I am loathe to believe them as I froze my flipping 'wotnots' off yesterday. I even had to put on Mr Funky the chauffeurs tin foil lined kagool. It was a kind gesture but I was no warmer.


The very lovely Henry Rushworth came to the match today and munched his way through sausages and sausage rolls, when they were gone I was dismissed with the wave of a hand.............and a huge smile. A gorgeous little boy.


Today is another day and I have a good feeling about the Yorkshire bowlers. I may be very wrong but I doubt it. We had rain over night, I fell asleep nearly as soon as I walked in the door last night, I woke up at 11pm as I heard my phone beep, and then heard the rain. however so far this morning, the sky is looking OK and the sun is trying to shine.

Gillespie the Gallant gave me a huge smile yesterday  and left me slightly flustered, this caused much hilarity when I related it back to Mark Garraway. I seem to have done nothing at this match but blush and be embarrassed.

Job the Jolly had been watching on Sky but didn't see me,  which is strange as  apparently you cant miss my super orange hair, Pauly Paul said you could see me from the other side of the ground, rumour has it I am visible on GoogleEarth.

Well it is just me today as 'der boys' are back to work, so I can carry a much smaller food bag as not feeding an army. ( although not sure as rumour has it Henry is coming to the match again today).

Well time to get ready for the day, super flipping excited I can tell you!



No comments :