Powered By Blogger

Saturday 10 May 2014

Boring weekend








Well it's Saturday and I should have been having a lie in, but the chuffing rain woke me up at 5am!!! So I have put washing in, and emptied the dishwasher and now trying to think of something to do today. I actually woke up with a storming headache too, I held out last night until 7.30pm and then...................well it was Friday so it was 'champers o'clock'. However this morning I am wishing it had been 'champers 5 minutes'!!


Tzarina Katerina is coming over at 10am, she is dropping off my flasks and then I think that I will go to Homebase and have a wander around. SEEEEE!!!!! I am so flipping bored I am not even going PROPER shopping, like shoes and handbag shopping!!!! Oh dear me!!! its been a strange week this week and seems to be getting stranger by the minute.

I might even go to see if I can get the astoturf to lay my 'mini wicket' in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers, and then I can finally get my 'little cricket men' outside.



So in the cricket, England beat Scotland in the ODI. To be honest if they hadn't then we should just knock the bails off now!. Rain had affected play and England won by 39 runs on the D/L method.

I am sort of thinking that there will be little or no local cricket today, oh thank goodness I no longer do the cricket teas! The freezer would be over flowing and I would be furious!

Sad news at Derbyshire as they announced that Tom Poynton will be out for the rest of the season because of the leg injuries sustained in the car crash that took the life of his father. It appears that his injuries are worse than initially though. Derbyshire have had to bring in Gareth Cross to keep wicket as  Richard Johnson remains unavailable through a stress related illness.

Not a great start to the season for them.

 Darren Sammy is to retire from test cricket after he was replaced as captain of the West Indies  by Denesh Ramdin. I am sorry to see him go as it was always fun to see how long he would be on the field before he complained of being injured and in pain.  A real character.


well after complaining about the rain, it appears to have stopped and it is brightening up.
might even get some washing hung out!

Can you tell I am totally bored!!!!!!!!









No comments :