Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 May 2014

It's midweek already!!! Now that's good!



Well it's not sunny here in Ladylaineyville in fact it is raining, but I am full of beans this morning ( no not literally). Why am I so bouncy this morning......................well why the devil not? Better to be bouncy happy than sad and gloomy ( which I have been  a lot of ,of late). And the new job is just round the corner so keep your eyes peeled.

so for all things cricket, well My Tykes went out to play and made 245, with Lancashire's Tom Smith taking 5-49. Adam Lyth hit 50 and Captain Gale was left stranded on 95 not out. However His Royal Ryanness did come into bat ( which calmed all my worries for his fitness) and was at the crease for 40 minutes putting on 9 runs.

When my boys came back onto the field, zut alors!! sacre bleu! NON RYAN!!!! ( pretty frantic by this time). Obviously best not to have him bowling and get him properly match fit.
Timmy Bresnan decided that he would just go for it, and he did taking 3-9. What a boy!!!
The visitors closed on 48-3, 130 tuns ahead. Hopefully the rain stays away today and Timmy has his 'wicket taking' head.
#COYT

Small postscript to the piece above. Tom Smith had been photographed for 'Cricketers Posteriors'  ( as yet unpublished) needless to say that he may now be omitted!!!

Durham were still soldering on at Northampton, with the weather which has not been kind to them at all ( although it the sun did shine mighty strongly on moi on Sunday). Gordon Muchall hit his first ton in 3 years and took Durham closed on 335-4

Well the 'boys' were all back and the office was full of nappy talk and all things baby. Luckily I was having a mini breakdown as I had broken a nail, was worrying about Ryan and had a flipping pile of paperwork to get through, so I managed to switch off. Yes it will all end in tears come teething time.

Baby Pony Paul is however the most beautiful little girl with the longest hair I have ever seen on a baby!

And so as it is now midweek and I still have lots to do before the weekend I think that I had better get a wriggle on.

Its cool, its wet, its grey, but hey its a cricket day so make the most of it.







No comments :