Powered By Blogger

Friday 16 May 2014

It's T20 F(ryan)day



Today sees the start of the T20 season and although I am not a huge fan of the game I see that counties can make money ( which most of them need) and it also brings in more children who can manage to stay awake for  a couple of hours rather than the four days. I however have been known to nod off during T20 matches and don't get me started about Mr Funky the chauffeur. He had a full scale sleep during one match!!!




So tonight I will be hot footing it up to The Riverside ( yes I know it is now known by another name but it is too stupid for words!) after work and cheering on Durham Jets........yes Durham Jets.

See I sometimes manage to sit on the Durham side of the fence ( only cos I couldn't get to Headingley).

So good luck to all teams playing tonight ( although more luck to some!)

There is still no word as to whether 'Fatty' Flintoff will be back in the T20 squad for Lancs. I am not the only person ( according to Twitter) who does not think it is a good move for him. However it will be a chance for him to see that he should have stayed in retirement.

Back at Durham things are not looking too good for Graham Onions as scans have shown that his back is not too well and he is going to miss a few games. Lets hope that it is only a few games and that he is on the mend soon.

 earlier  in the year I wrote about match fixing after it was reported that Lou Vincent the former New Zealand player was being interviewed in relation to match fixing. Well  it has now come to light that after agreeing a plea bargain to avoid prosecution Lou has lifted the lid on the fixing and has named names. Described as a 'treasure trove' of names this could well blow cricket away!

Cricket was once the game of gentlemen, now it appears that the gentlemen cheat too. I dread to think what will come out of this.

 So now time to head into super swanky Lady Lainey office and get some papers moved around my desk, twirl my curls, shout at boys ( if I can be heard over the din of Trill Boy) and look pretty for 7 hours...................................................and then go to watch cricket. A great end to the week!



No comments :