Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Lady Lainey does yoga!!!!!


OK I know that this blog is really devoted to all things cricket but I Lady Lainey decided to do yoga last night, to give me inner peace and calm........yeah whatever, to be honest trying to tie myself in a knot did not leave me feeling calm and this morning I am walking like John Wayne!

Let me start by telling you about 'downward facing dog', which in my case should be renamed 'downward facing bactrian ( google it if you don't know what it is!). Well I managed it...........just, but all the skinny minnies in the class seemed to be made of rubber where as I seemed to be made of steel! I eventually managed to 'downward face' and then found that most of my upper body was hanging out of my top!!! Well if you've got it flaunt it!

By the time I had 'saluted to the sun' I was ready for home and to be honest I do not think that I will be exposing myself ( literally) to the class again, although the way I ache this morning it must have done me some good or I have pulled every muscle in my body!!!

Even my fingers are hurting as I am typing this, is that normal???

Well Durham were down in Somerset and at 9.30 am yesterday morning they announced that Chris Rushworth had signed a deal with them to stay until 2017. This is super news....................however a move to Yorkshire would have been better. ( OK Joe I am joking) .


However this did not help them as they went into bat. I am not sure if there was something good on day time television, because Durham slumped to 24-4 so quickly that I hardly had time to catch up on Twitter. Maybe Bargain Hunt was a good one yesterday?
A fifth wicket stand between Captain Colleywobble and Scott Borthwick gave a glimmer of hope but they were eventually bowled out for 155!!

However when the hosts went into bat, Chris Rushworth only took Trescothicks wicket. And he went to back to the pavilion to watch 'Diagnosis Murder' after being out for a big fat duck.
Bad light and rain then set in and the day ended with Somerset on 51-2.
Come on Durham.


My Tykes were having a little friendly match at Sheffield. Well needless to say the Tykes won and  his Royal Ryanness took a wicket too!
Tonight ( weather permitting) they move onto Harrogate, and I sadly will not be attending as way to many  other things to do. BOO!!!!!

So after a blazing hot day yesterday. This morning is dawning grey and overcast with rain forecast!

And so I guess that I will be back to boots and trousers before the end of the week!!

Oh well another day......................................

No comments :