Powered By Blogger

Sunday 18 May 2014

OH MY GOODNESS A LIE IN!!!



For those of you who log on early to read about the super exciting things I have been getting up to you will be wondering how come my blog wasn't up at 7-7.30am. Well I was still in the land of nod then and only woke up 5 minutes ago!! It is now 8.06am which means that I had a super long lie in this morning. Hmmmmm it has actually thrown me all out of my usual routine but never mind,

So I have had a quick flick through the papers and am now ready to go.

Well, well, well Mal Loye has spoken out about being  offered £20,000 by Lou Vincent to score less than 10 in a match. It happened back in 2008 when they were playing for Lancashire in a T20 match against Durham. Vincent had offered him £10,000 originally but upped the offer hours before the match took place. Loye refused the offer and was shocked that he had been approached.
Loye went on to say that he kept quiet about it although his mum, his then girlfriend and a couple of mates were privy to it. They told it to put it out of his mind and get on playing the game that he loved.

I think that this is just the tip of the iceberg, as far as the match fixing is concerned. Who will speak out next?


Yohan Blake to play cricket for Yorkshire? Watch this space.


So I went to Chateau Saltburn to see Dame Didi yesterday, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. Dame Didi and I made short work of 4 egg custards before  I  managed to get into my car and 'escape' without being spotted by The Burpheys. Now theres a first, they never miss anything.



So what am I doing today.

Well I am moving the bookcase in the 'office' and slapping the last of the paint on. Then I am off to get some cricket balls for my secret project.
And then this afternoon I am continuing to read my Autobiography of Gillespie the Gallant, before having a pedicure ( or maybe during who knows)

I will also be taking the opportunity of sunshine, to open wide every window in the house and give it a good 'blow through'



I hopr that you have a great day whatever you are doing




1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL

Wondered where you were this morning. I have been to The Aube and back in the time it took you to post the blog. Found it very enlightening. Enjoy your day.

DD