Powered By Blogger

Monday 23 June 2014

32 & 632




So it was a top cricket day yesterday, we set off to The Riverside Ground in brilliant sunshine and were looking forward to a great day.I was busy trying to find out the squad for my Tykes to see if His Royal Ryanness had finally made it back.......................and yes he had! much to my relief.

Durham went into bat and  were 5 down in what seemed like the blink of an eye, not looking like a good day. Mark Stoneman stood his ground and hit 113 which brought the team back from 30-3. Ben Stokes put on a good display of petulant behaviour when he was out.........I would have thought he had learnt his lesson by now, but at least he didn't slam the dressing room door like last week, however lots of grass kicking and verbal as he walked off. The team closed on 337 with Chris Rushworth coming in at 11 and hitting 32 off 18. balls. That woke the crowd up!!!! apart from Pauly Paul and Mr Funky who were taking it in turns to catch a few Z's. All that button pushing at work is jolly flipping hard work.

Sussex went in to bat and were 20 with out loss at stumps.

Over in Birmingham, Yorkshire had given 18 year old Karl Carver his first class debut and in return he took a wicket..................as did His Royal Ryanness much to my relief ( 632 FC wicket total). Pyrah and Brooks took the bulk of the wickets to bowl Warwickshire out for  228.

Yorkshire went into bat and lost Lyth and Leaning quickly. however Lees and Gale set in and the day closed with My Tykes being 82-2. All to play for this week and at least I am happy that the 'big man' is back.


By the time I got home I was jolly exhausted, its flipping hard work sitting in the sun all day.

I quickly checked what had been going on at Headingley and to be honest I wished that I hadn't bothered. Sri Lanka built up a commanding lead although England rallied towards the end taking two wickets. The match hangs in the balance.

Finally cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo last week did a 125 bike ride for charity, he dragged his wife along too and they completed their task, raising a lot of money along the way, well done Hooligan and Mrs Hooligan,a great childrens charity has benefited.

And so the new working week is ahead of us, so without further ado, time to get a wriggle on and get organised.

Until tomorrow






No comments :