Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 June 2014

Fun day Sunday not so Monday!



So Sunday dawned cold and wet and then got hot and sunny as I was out edging the lawns in the Deer Park, Tzarina Katerina tipped up to drop off some 'stuff' for me and then went of for her boozy short break with her chums.

I got ready to go to cricket and picked up Pauly Paul and Dynamo Dom. It started to rain, then stopped. We got to the ground and it started to rain again the players went off, and came back on again and then went off again. We all ran for cover near the toilets. Dynamo and  I were having a little chat when I said to him about a man who kept staring at me.....................and I mean really staring!!!!
Pauly came back and suddenly the man was standing in front of me! He asked me if I had worked at a super swanky boys school in the south of blighty.
'Yes' I said

'I thought it was you Lady Lainey' the man said.

I was by this time racking my brains thinking he was too old to have been one of the boys and then realisation dawned on me, he was one of the 'Masters' who joined as I was leaving.

OMG!! How weird. He said he recognised me straight away ( understandable as there are not many wild orange curly haired Amazons  around). He was sure it was me and then I laughed and he knew it! ( can you believe being recognised by your laugh!).
It turns out he left super swanky boys school and moved to Richmond North ( gods own county of ) Yorkshire and has been camping out there ever since, It was the first time that he had brought his wife and son to the cricket.

Small world!!!

The cricket itself was jolly good, Durham cruised to an eight wicket win against Derbyshire, John Hastings had obviously had his weetabix yesterday morning as he took 4-24. Derbyshire were dismissed for 125.In reply Durham were looking in good form, Mustard was knocking balls all over the place and was finally out for 54. Durham finished the day 129-2 and looked flipping pleased with themselves.

We headed home and I was tucked up my bed even earlier than normal.

Sad news today as it was announced that Damien D'Oliveira passed away in the early hours of yesterday morning. Damien had been a player Worcestershire and also the Academy Manager.I know that my besty friend and former Hants bowler JJ has lost one of his greatest friends. Very sad news.



No comments :