Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 June 2014

He's back!!!!





Well after being super excited on Monday  by his Royal Ryanness taking a wicket, me thinks he must have read my blog, because he only went and took 3 more yesterday !!! His First class wicket total now stands at 635! Too say I was excited was an understatement and by the time I had arrived back at Tykes Towers from super swanky Lady Lainey office, Yorkshire had trounced Warwickshire by an innings and eight runs.

Buzzing hardly described Lady Lainey, flipping bouncing was more apt.

It was a great game with Jack Brooks taking his wicket total to over 200 and Karl Carver making an impressive debut. I am sure that the boys celebrated with a couple of sherry shandies before heading off to bed for some well earned kip.

Headingley in just over a week is now getting me super excited.


Former besty home county of Durham were also having a right old game at The Riverside Ground against Sussex. Ben Stokes took more wickets yesterday taking his total to a career best of 10-121 and putting Durham on the brink of victory In their second innings they posted 359-6 and then declared. Sussex were 173-9 at close of play.

My thoughts. Don't take your sandwiches with you today, you will be home before lunch ( whoops famous last words).

Yesterday after saying how hard I was being on myself in light of all the recent upheavals that had been happening in the life of I Lady Lainey Robinson and the rest of the clan. I had a wonderful day, very little stress and what was better for the boys, very little shouting, although I did gulp down huge amounts of coffee and  green tea ( to try to counterbalance the caffeine). I even managed to do my 7 hours of looking pretty and do a teeny weeny bit of work. Today is another matter!! Lots of work from very early on!.

However this evening I am going  to further the wine business and get myself known ( better known?) in Durham. By the time I get home tonight I will be out for the count in the blink of an eye.

Yes Lady Lainey stayed up jolly late last night, and as it was a flipping hot night had a lot of trouble getting some shut eye. No problem though a ton of 'slap' on this morning will hide that!.

Well off to do what I do best ( nothing) and entertain architects with my wit, OK I will just look formidable and that keeps them quiet.

I also hope that all goes OK today Dame Didi, I will ring you tomorrow as you will probably have an early night tonight ( and so will I).

Until tomorrow,






No comments :