Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 June 2014

It's a cricket day



Yes it's a cricket day and I am trying (unsuccessfully) to get myself motivated to go. Even the thought of a possible sighting of Oliver Newby's posterior is not making me skip into the shower and wash the orange curls. I must get myself motivated or Mr Funky the chauffeur will be here and I will still be in my dressing gown.

Over at Lords yesterday it was a good day for Liam Plunkett whom I have been scathing of in the past. I will be the first to say that the move to Yorkshire has been the right one, another two seasons at Durham and who knows where Liam may have been. He may have only taken one wicket yesterday, but it was enough to show that it was the right decision to select him.

Kumar Sangakkara hit 147, leaving Sri Lanka 160 runs behind at the end of day three.

Durham also announced that they have given Calum Macleod a contract, well to be honest he deserves it, he has been playing brilliantly and could be a real addition to the team.


So what wonderful things were going on at Tykes Towers yesterday, well there was the washing as documented early morning yesterday. There was also a bit of weeding in the garden ( all of 5 seconds until I was bored), then I had a nap, baked a corned beef and potato and onion pie. Read my new book by well known Welsh author Alan Mags ( OK this is a fib its his first book, the sequel could well include her Ladyship).
Then I watched  the history of Elizabeth Taylors jewellery. Now this was fascinating and I know that 99.9% of the UK were watching  England play football, but I am sorry Diamonds win everytime. And boy did she have some BIG diamonds. (and emeralds and rubies and sapphires......).

And this morning I read that apparently England lost.


So now I must try to get a wriggle on as I am  off tonight to stay with my new friend Xena ( warrior rottweiler), so also have to pack a bag for a couple of nights away.

Its going to be like a mini holiday


No comments :