Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 June 2014

It's a good day!



Of late I have been a little too hard on myself in lots of ways, even going as far as saying that at times I actually didn't like I; Lady Lainey. Which is a bit of a shame as I think that I can be a good friend, I am always nice to animals ( especially dogs and most men). I think that I am funny sometimes ( and not just when I have had a drink). I give to charity and just try to be nice to people. But the one person that I wasn't nice to was me. The past few years have been tough ones in Lady Lainey Land ( and also with the rest of the clan). So from today I am pulling my socks up, and not being half as hard on myself. Time for a complete shift of thinking in Lady Laineys head!


Time for shifting seems to be a topic Geoff Boycott got into yesterday, after England were left facing the first home rest defeat by Sri Lanka. Boycott described Alistair Cooks form as 'a recipe for resignation'. Well, in my untrained eyes the team seem to be looking better as a 'team', but not on results. If Cook steps down my only horror would be if the man with no lips took over....................however he thinks he is already the Captain so what the heck.


Day two in the Big Birmingham House, Aaron Finch  hit his first century for Yorkshire. My Tykes had been 82-2 overnight and then batted all day to get 422, a lead of  194 runs. 8 of those were from His Royal Ryanness! Woohoo flipping brilliant from all the Tykes!!


At The Riverside Ground Durham finally seem to have found some form. And Ben Stokes got out of his strop long enough to take a career best 7-67 as he tore through the Sussex batting order. At close of play Sussex were all out for  205 and Durham were  105-1 in their second innings.
The Hacks are all now backing  Stokes to be back in the England team. My view? Bowling great, temper appalling. Learn to curb one of these and be professional and then he will be an asset.

The past two tours with England in any form have ended badly for Stokes. England Lions tour, sent home in disgrace after persistently ignoring orders from superiors. England World T20 tour, home due to broken hand ( temper tantrum). Will he get a third chance?

And now as I face the day at Super Swanky Lady Lainey office, I am hoping that MY Tykes play brilliantly ( i.e Ryan takes some more wickets) and that Durham can win two matches in a row.





No comments :