Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 June 2014

Lazy Daisy


Five minutes ago this was me! Well apart from straight hair and pink PJ's! I woke up and it was 7.45am!! Flipping heck what a lie in . I had actually fallen asleep on the sofa at about 11pm, woke up at 1am and then trotted up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. I was a tired Lady Lainey.

I had hurried home in preparation of The War or the Roses, only to find that due to 'precipitation' which was actually a flipping monsoon, Headingley was underwater. Not a ball was bowled. Sorry state of affairs, It had rained slightly in Lady Lainey workville and there had been some at Tykes Towers but nothing like the amount they had in Leeds.

Durham also suffered at Northamptonshire as rain caused a delayed start. Durham went in to bat and were soon in trouble at 26-3 however more rain saved the day and the match was abandoned with Durham on 69-4.

So not a great evening for the cricket really.

However today Yorkshire are in Nottinghamshire having a bit of a bat in T20 action ,and tomorrow Durham are taking on Derbyshire.
I am off to that one with Pauly Paul and Dynomo Dom, as Mr Funky is off to Harrogate to play golf!!!! Yes GOLF!!!! How flipping boring is that!


Well the Lady Lainey limo is back and the windscreen wipers are fully working again. I did get 'loves and kisses' from Benjii the french kissing border collie when I went to collect the car. I also got two muddy paw prints strategically placed on my 'chest' and having been wearing a cream top they were very flipping noticeable!!! I got some strange looks in the local 'Co op' when I went to get some milk!!!!

However it was a top day for I Lady Lainey as my super signed Yorkshire shirt returned from the framers and is currently in a rubbish skip somewhere in Sunderland, where I am told it will be safe until Sunday, as the skip isn't emptied until Monday. 'WHAAATTTT?' I can hear you all screaming. I know that it was a joke, I expect that it has pride of place on the sitting room wall at said house.

I am super excited about bringing it home, I was considering putting it on the ceiling above my bed................................but I would have had to take the mirror down!

( some of the above is not true, I will leave it up to you to decide which is)

No comments :