Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Mid week thank goodness



Yes it is Wednesday and I am wandering around Tykes Towers a bit lost, I guess I am missing Xena who is safely tucked up at home in bed now that Lorraine is back. Xena will be glad of the lie in, having been woken up at stupid o'clock the past two mornings. I might just have to pop round to see her this evening on  my way home from work.

Well over at former besty home county of Durham it was all kicking off yesterday. Scott Borthwick missed out on his century. Tom Smith had brilliant bowling figures of 5-42 as Durham were bowled out for 267. Lancashire went back into bat and Chris Rushworth took  both of the wickets before close of play. Durham are still searching for their first championship win having drawn six of their seven matches so far. However it's not from want of trying.

Yorkshire were making steady work down in Sussex as Lyth and Learning both made half centuries. Learning hit 75no in a four hour knock. his career best at Yorkshire. They have however slipped down to 4th position in the table but I am sure they will be back at the top before too long.

All was quiet and peaceful in super swanky Lady Lainey office yesterday after I had 'words' with 'boys' on Monday. This is not a good week to mess with I, Lady Lainey, who is a totally stressed out. Even the thought of cricket on Sunday is not calming me down...........................you have no idea how much work I have to do???? and I don't go to the office to do work as you all know!!!.

To try to take my mind off all of that  I am busy with 'the wine business', orders are coming through and it is great to see that people are loving the wine.

When I went out into the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers this morning their was a dead bird by the  the back door, it looks to have hit the window, I am hoping that when Mt Funky the chauffeur comes to cut the lawns he can dispose of it ( over the wall into the bushes I think). However seeing the length of the lawns their may be dead tigers and lions and a couple of wildebeest in there too, not sure how he will dispose of them!!!!

Oh well off to have another peaceful day in the office and hopefully get my desk cleared down!

Have a great day where ever you are.




No comments :