Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Day 2 of my cricket week



So yesterday was the official start of my cricket week and I arrived at the hallowed ground bright and early. I checked into my new hotel and then wandered up to the Long Room for coffee.

I had sent a text to 'Mr Grumpy' to see if he had arrived,answer was no.  I then just sat back and watched the 'boys' warming up. and as I am sitting on the fence this week I was keeping an eye on all the boys.

Just before start of play I went to deliver wine to David from 'Sheffield Cricket Society' and then settled down to cheer for my team (but which team).

Wow what a day. Durham were unable to crack the openers for the Tykes, Lyth and Lees both hit centuries and by late afternoon, it was looking as if the Tykes were on top, but a string of wickets left the close of play with 7 Tykes gone but over 350runs on the board.

I watched the end of the match from my bedroom, which is amazing facing out onto the ground, what more could a cricket mad Lady want........one extra night would be great.

Sadly not everyone has a great bedroom, or soft toilet roll or an enormous bed. Never mind you can come for coffee this morning if you like and relish the view. 

And which room did I get?


only flipping Geoff Boycott!!!!!

who cares though, I am here I am watcing cricket and I am having the time of my life. 

yes I think thatI need to get out more!




No comments :