Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 July 2014

Its the four letter word again ( WORK)




Yeah well I am not going to work dressed like this but the thought was there! However I am considering making my big Birthday bash party a fancy dress and then I can 'vamp it up'. Will put that on my possibilities list!

So after writing my blog yesterday I went back to bed, I was pretty tired, and was awoken by Mr Funky the Chauffeur ( gardener) coming to sort out the Deer Park and the North garden. The south garden is in the process of being redeveloped into super patio area and white and green borders ( fingers crossed). Then once I transport the 'barbi' ( and fridge freezer and new washing machine) from Chateau Saltburn it will be fun evenings at Tykes Towers next summer.

However a fun evening was not what Durham had yesterday after there 50 over match against Somerset. After the highs of Friday nights T20 it looked as if Durham had posted a good score with 311-7 in their 50 overs.

Somerset lost some early wickets but James Hidreth and Lewis Gregory both hit unbeaten centuries to bring Somerset to a match winning 315-5.
Both teams played brilliantly, however sadly it wasn't Durham's day.

However it was Captain Cooks day as he played a blinder to at the third test, hitting 95 he was looking good despite falling short of his century. However top tyke Gary Ballance did hit a century, his third ton in five tests!.

England closed the day on 247-2

I watched the close of Le Tour, its hard to believe that it is only  three weeks ago that it started in Leeds ( and three weeks  since I was in Headingly watching my Tykes). Watching the cyclists race through Paris and seeing lots of places that I love, made me very 'homesick'. Think Paris is a jaunt for next year!.


And that was Sunday in Tykes Towers!
Apart from me 'cracking' my knee on the bottom of my bed and watching it swell up and turn reddish/black within minutes! had to put a pack of frozen peas on it at 2am as it was agony!

oh well its work again and I am about to head off to super swanky Lady lainey  office and the delights that offers.

Until tomorrow!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

What a shame Paris is a jaunt for next year, I was needing to have some money paid into my french bank account and thought you might be heading out this year.

Just thought!

DD